March 8 2017
Avid Customer Association VOTE!
Avid is conducting a vote on what features to work on next. Below is my vote for future features in which the first seven seem very exciting to have enhanced.
- Enhanced Visual Effects Model – Expand support for third parties (such as AfterEffects, Baselight, Nuke)
- Alpha Channel Support – Ability to treat alpha independently with effects
- Next Gen Title Tool – Next-gen title tool that supports greater than HD resolution and provides in-context editing within the Composer window
- Transfer/Blending Modes – Enhance effects processing by Add, Multiply, Screen, etc.
- Enhanced Color Correction – Shape-based color correction, integrated color management, performance and usability enhancements. Higher precision processing.
- Live Timeline – Uninterupted playback while performing other actions
- Background Save – Ability to work uniterrupted while the app is constantly saving
- Render Engine Distributed Platform Service – Create background rendering service that can also be used for mixdown and export
- Integrated MediaCentral Window – MediaCentral window integrated into Media Composer provides access to platform functionality
- Enhanced User Interface – Enhance UI, including font smoothing, hover scrubbing, “live” UI, and dockable UI panels
- Timeline Audio Effects – Allow audio effects to be keyframable
- Multi-cam Enhancements – Enhanced grouping functionality, non-native rates/rasters in groups, manipulate split layouts, metadata enhancements, support for stereo audio in grouped clips
- Real Time Collaboration – Real time collaboration by users in different geographic locations
- Improve Interop with Pro Tools (better round tripping with Media Composer) – Seamless Interop between Media Composer and Pro Tools